Energy Efficient Communication Scheme in Wireless Sensor Network: A Comparative Review
Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) are used in wide variety of applications.
It consists of number of tiny sensor nodes which is operated on batteries.
These battery operated nodes are deployed over a long period of time
long to perform some specific task. Energy saving is major concern
part of such applications. Reducing power consumption is one of the
possible solution in WSN for longer lifetime. Communication is one of a
major source of power drain in such networks. Hence many researchers
all around the worldproposed energy efficient communication scheme
to save energy at transmitter as well as at receiver.In this paper, a
comparative review on such energy efficient communication schemesfor
silence in wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of
international conference on mobile computing and
networking (MobiCom) 2005; 140–147.
2. Chen YP, Wang D., Zhang J. Variable-base tacit
communication: a new energy efficient communication
scheme for sensor networks. In Proceedings of 1st
international conference on integrated internet ad hoc
and sensor networks (intersense), Nice, France 2006.
3. Sinha K, Sinha B. P. A New Energy-Efficient Wireless
Communication Technique using Redundant Radix
Representation, Tech. Rep., Indian Stat. Inst., ISI/
4. Sinha K., Sinha BP. An energy efficient communication
scheme for distributed computing applications in
wireless sensor networks, in: Proc. Intl. Conf. on
Distributed Computing and Internet Technologies,
ICDCIT, in: LNCS 2008: 139-144.
5. Sinha K. A new energy efficient MAC protocol based
on redundant radix for wireless networks, Proc. Recent
Trends in Information Systems (RETIS), Calcutta, 2008;
6. Ghosh RN, Sinha K, Sinha BP. TSS: An energy efficient
communication scheme for low power wireless
networks. In Proceedings of 27th IEEE international
performance computing and communications
conference (IPCCC), USA, 2008: 85–92.
7. Sinha K, Sinha BP. On the distribution of runs of ones
in binary strings. Computers and Mathematics with
Applications, Elsevier 2009; 58: 1816–1829.
8. Sinha K. An Energy Efficient Communication Scheme
with Potential Application to Consumer and Personal
Wireless Networks, 2009; IEEE, 978-1-4244-2309-5/09.
9. Sinha K. An energy efficient communication scheme for
applications based on low power wireless networks,
in: Proc. 6th IEEE Consumer Communications and
Networking Conference, CCNC, Las Vegas, USA, Jan.
10. Sinha K, Sinha B, Datta D. CNS: A New Energy Efficient
Transmission Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks,
Springer-Verlag New York, Inc, 2010; 16(8): 2087-2104,
11. Sinha K, Sinha B, Datta D. An Energy–Efficient
Communication Scheme for Wireless Networks: A
Redundant Radix-Based Approach, IEEE Transactions
on Wireless Communication 2011; 10(2).
12. Jadhav G., Kanawade S., Gade A. (2013). RBNSiZeComm
and TSS: An Energy Efficient Communication Schemes
for Wireless Networks,Special Issue of International
Journal of Electronics, Communication & Soft Computing
Science & Engineering, (IJECSCSE ) ISSN: 2277-9477.
13. Kanawade S, Tarle M, Patel S et al. Data Coding
Techniques In WSN: A Review, International Journal
of Review in Electronics & Communication Engineering
(IJRECE) 2014; 5(2): 161-166.
14. Sinha K, Ghosh R, Sinha BP. A New Number System
Using Alternate Fibonacci Numbers as the Positional34
Sopara D et al.
J. Adv. Res. Wire. Mob. Telecom. 2019; 2(1&2)
Weights with Some Engineering Applications, ICDCIT
2014, LNCS 8337, 2014; 164–175.
15. Mona T, Kanawade S. Enhance the lifetime of wireless
sensor network using data coding technique IEEE
International conference on information processing
2015, VIT, Pune.
16. Bhattacharya A. Sinha K, Datta D. MRBNS: A new energyefficient communication scheme in low power wireless
International Journal of Sensor Networks, Jan 1, 2016.
17. Bhattacharya A, Majumder P, Sinha K et al. An energyefficient wireless communication scheme using Quint
Fibonacci number system. International Journal
Communication Networks and Distributed Systems
2016; 16(2): 140–161.
18. Majumder P. Dashy L. Sinha K et al. CMNS: An EnergyEfficient Communication Scheme for Wireless Sensor
Networks, IEEE International Conference on Advanced
Networks and Telecommunications Systems (ANTS)
19. Sopara D, Kanawade S Y, Soni V. Silent Zero Communication (Rbnsizecomm) Protocol to Enhance the
Lifetime of Wireless Sensor Network: A Comparative
Study. i-manager’s Journal on Wireless Communication
Networks 2019; 7(4):x35-42 ISSN : 2320-2351.