Design and Parametric Analysis of Multiband Microstrip Patch Antenna
In this paper a rectangular shaped, low cost compact size microstrip
patch antenna is designed which can be used at high frequencies.
Parametric analysis of proposed antenna design is done for four different feeding methods. Different parameters like return loss, VSWR,
radiation pattern, directivity, resonant frequency are simulated and
analyzed using Ansoft HFSS 13. A prototype antenna is fabricated and
tested in order to validate the suggested method.
2. Garg R, Bhartia P, Bahl I et al. Microstrip Antenna Design
Handbook. ARTECH HOUSE, Boston 2001.
3. Wayne ST. Rowe, Rod B. Waterhouse. Edge-Fed Patch
Antennas with Reduced Spurious Radiation.IEEE
Transactions on Antennas & Propagation 2005; 53(5).
4. Wei Hu, Ying-Zeng Yin, Xi Yang. Compact MultiresonatorLoaded Planar Antenna for Multiband Operation. IEEE
Transactions on Antennas & Propagation 2013; 61(5).
5. Mandal K, Sarkar PP. A Compact High Gain Microstrip
Antenna for Wireless Application. International Journal
of Electronics and Communications(AEU) 2013:67;
6. Hattan F. Abutarboush R. Nilavalan SW et al. Compact
Printed Multiband Antenna With Independent Setting
Suitable for Fixed and Reconfigurable Wireless
Communication Systems. IEEE Transaction on Antennas
and Propagation 2012; 60(8).
7. David M. Pozar, “Microwave Engineering”, Third Edition
by Jon Wiley & Sons, TK7876.P69 2005
9. Njeri P. Waweru DBO. Konditi et al. Variation of Input
Impedance with Feeding Position in Probe and inset-Fed
Microstrip Patch Antenna. Innovative Systems Design
and Engineering 2012; 3(7)