Optimized Cooperative Spectrum Sensing Scheme: A Comparative Study
An encouraging technology that grabs the clash between spectrum
scarcity and underutilization is Cognitive Radio (CR), spectrum sensing
is the main task of cognitive radio. Cooperative spectrum sensing
overcomes the adverse effect of shadowing and multipath. In this
paper, the optimization of cooperative spectrum sensing has been
proposed in order to optimize the overall performance by variation
of SNR. In this optimization process, three parameters; spectrum
sensing technique used locally, SNR and the number of users have
been considered. Decision made by all the users is sent to the fusion
center which estimate the final presence or absence of primary user.
Parameters Optimization for 64-FFT Cognitive Radio
Spectrum Sensing using Monte Carlo Simulation. in
EMERGING 2010 : The Second International Conference
on Emerging Network Intelligence, Florence-Italy, 2010:
2. Yeow Peh EC, Liang YC, Guan YL. Yonghong Zeng.
“Optimization of Cooperative Sensing in Cognitive
RadioNetworks’’ A Sensing-Throughput Tradeoff View”,
IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 2009; 58(9).
3. Shen J, Liu S, Zeng L et al. Optimisation of cooperative
spectrum sensing in cognitive radio network.
Communications IET 2009; 3: 1170-1178.
4. Yucek T, Arslan H. A survey of spectrum sensing
algorithms for cognitive radio applications.
Communications Surveys & Tutorials, IEEE 11: 116-
5. Wei Z, Mallik RK, Letaief LB. Cooperative Spectrum
Sensing Optimization in Cognitive Radio Networks.
in Communications, 2008. ICC ‘08. IEEE International
Conference on, 2008: 3411-3415.
6. Abdulsattar MA. Energy detection technique for
spectrum sensing in cognitive radio: a survey.
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of
Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq, International Journal of
Computer Networks &Communications (IJCNC) 2012;
7. Wang B, Liu K. Advances in cognitive radio networks:
A survey,” Selected Topics in Signal Processing, IEEE
Journal of 2011; 5(1): 5-23.
8. Peh E, Ying-Chang L. Optimization for Cooperative
Sensing in Cognitive Radio Networks. Wireless
Communications and Networking Conference 2007.
WCNC 2007. IEEE, 2007: 27-32.
9. Letaief KB, Zhang W. Cooperative communications for
cognitive radio. Proc. IEEE 2009; 97(5): 878-893, May.
10. Atapattu S, Tellambura C, Jiang H. Energy detection
based cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio
networks. IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun2011; 10(4):
11. Ma J, Li Y. Soft combination and detection for cooperative
spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks, in Proc.
IEEE Global Telecomm. Conf., 2007: 3139–3143.
12. Zhang W, Member, IEEE, Ranjan K. Mallik, Senior
Member, IEEE, and Khaled Ben Letaief, Fellow,
IEEEOptimization of Cooperative Spectrum Sensing
with Energy Detection in Cognitive Radio Networks.
IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 2009;
13. Kay SM. Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing
and Estimation theory. Prentice Hall, 1998.