Real-Time Level Control of Spherical Tank Process using Gain Scheduled PID Controller
The objective of this paper is to maintain the level inside the process tank in a desired value. The real time implementation of the process is designed and implemented in MATLAB. Gain scheduled PID controller is designed to enhance the performance of the conventional PID controller for nonlinear spherical tank process. It is based on linearization of the nonlinear model around selected operating points. The linear design methods are applied at each region in order to arrive at a set of linear control laws.
How to cite this article: Vadivazhagi S, Prabha KS, Vinodhini M et al. Real-Time Level Control of Spherical Tank Process using Gain Scheduled PID Controller. J Adv Res Instru Control Engi 2022; 9(3&4): 1-7.
2. Boobalan S, Lakshmi K, Gobinath S et al. Mathematical Modelling and Simulation of Non-Linear PID Controller for Spherical Tank Level Control. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering IJITEE ISSN: 8(7): 2278-3075.
3. Jayaraman LK, Vijayakumar V, Nandagopal K. Implementation of ILC based Gain Scheduled PID Controller for Non-Linear Spherical tank Level Process. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics ISSN 2018; 118: 1311-8080.
4. Krishna KH, Kumar JS, Shaik M. Design and development of model-based controller for a spherical tank. International journal of current engineering and technology 2012; 2(4): 374-376.
5. Mercy DSM, Girirajkumar. Modeling and Analysis of a Real Time Spherical Tank Process for Sewage Treatment Plant. Applied Mathematics and Information Science an international journal 2017; 11( 5): 1491-1498.
6. Singh AB. Investigation Of Intelligent Controller for Non- Linear Spherical Tank System. Information Technology in Industry 2021; 9(2): 1053-1061.
7. Georage Stephanopoulos. An introduction to theory and practice chemical process control, publisher: prentice – hall of India pvt.ltd 1984.